The Mobile Technology Landscape
The mobile technology landscape continues to evolve quickly. Whether its cell phones, laptops, or tablets, trying to keep up with it can be exhausting. The most important thing to remember is that there will always be something bigger and better just around the corner. So with only a few exceptions, the best time to buy something… is when you need it! The key is to make sure you take the time to find the device that fits YOUR needs. YOUR NEEDS, not those of the salesperson, retail stores, or wireless carriers.
Here is a quick overview of happenings in the mobile technology world.
- Apple has announced the new iPhone 5 and new iPods. They will continue to sell the older models at a reduced price. Rumors continue to swirl that the company will be releasing a smaller iPad in a couple months.
- Amazon just announced several new models of their Kindle E-readers.
- Nokia just announced 2 new models of upcoming Windows 8 phones
- Google continues to sell their 7-inch Nexus tablet
- “Ultrabooks” continue to try to become the new standard in laptops
- Blackberry continues to work to get their new mobile phone operating system, Blackberry 10, finished by early 2013.
So strap in and hang on. There will be new phones, tablets, and laptops every month. Take the time to figure out what is going to work for you.